What Is Applied Kinesiology?
Applied Kinesiology is a form of alternative medicine. It’s a way of accessing the body to find if there’s an imbalance. This holistic approach is centered on the three aspects of health—”the Triad of Health”—that commonly account for illness:
- Chemical (The food you eat, your environment, the chemicals in your body)
- Structural (Physical aspects like spinal alignment and muscle balance)
Dr. Kristi Vaughan of Vaughan Vitality Wellness is certified to use this unique treatment approach to find the root cause of your medical issues, whether it’s a chronic illness or other unexplained symptoms. Schedule your appointment today!
How Applied Kinesiology Works
Applied Kinesiology specialists utilize manual muscle-strength testing to determine bodily strengths and weaknesses. It is often used in combination with other practices.
Whereas chiropractic focuses on the spine and your bone structure, Applied Kinesiology tests the strength of your organs and examines your muscles and other parts of the body.
At Vaughan Vitality Wellness, we use Applied Kinesiology to diagnose your underlying medical issues. In many cases, we can pinpoint nervous system problems and nutritional defficiencies. In addition, it can be used to determine issues related to specific organs, mental stress and muscle tension.
Types of Testing
During an appointment, our certified Applied Kinesiologist Specialist will introduce you to several different tests. These tests are used to narrow down potential problem areas that prevent optimal wellness. After diagnosis, your doctor will be able to prescribe a recommended treatment plan.
Types of testing include:
- Manual Muscle Test – Resisting force applied to a muscle or muscle group
- Delta Test, or “arm-pull-down” test – Resisting attempts to apply downward force to an extended arm
- Nutrient Test – Muscle exposure to different stimulants to potentially pinpoint allergies
- Therapy Localization – Examines muscle response to having a hand placed over an area
- Additional Allergen Testing
- Food Sensitivity Testing
Call Vaughan Vitality Wellness for Applied Kinesiology in Costa Mesa
Dr. Vaughan’s expertise lies in using methods like Applied Kinesiology to look at your complete health and find the root cause of your medical issues. Depending on your specific medical examination, she may recommend any of the following treatments:
- Nutritional TherapyADD Lifestyle Modifications
- Food Sensitivity Testing
- Toxin or Biotoxin Testing
- Gastro Intestinal Testing
- Neuro Feedback
- Brain Health Recommendations
- Deep Massage
- Joint Realignment
- Chiropractic Exercises
Dr. Vaughan’s approach looks at more than a single symptom, finding diet and lifestyle changes and treatments that offer a holistic solution for your overall health.
Set up an appointment with Dr. Vaughan to see how Applied Kinesiology can positively affect your overall health! Call 866-267-9252 today or fill out our contact form.